Saturday, December 27, 2008

5 YEARS


5 years ago today, I left my parents home and married my best friend. He is my lover, my confidant, and is a wonderful father and husband. I thank God every day for the person that he has given to me, for a time on this earth. We never know how long we have together, so we should live every day like it our last.


What has happened in five years? Five moves, one 750 miles away from the home that we have both known. Two wonderful children that God has blessed us with. 8 or 9 kidney stones- I had a hard time remembering, must have been the morphine :) Multiple job changes for both of us and one of us deciding to stay home with the boys, which could have brought on financial strains but didn't. (Thank God for Dave Ramsey) The purchase of a business, the sale of a business. The purchase of a home. Five years of love and support from all of our parents, who we are truly grateful for. And nothing but love and respect from each other. God has richly blessed us in ways we could have never imagined.
No matter what comes our way, we know that if we center our marriage on Christ, there is nothing that we can not overcome, nothing. I love you Troy.
Mark 10:7-9 " For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

4 comments:

dorie456 said...

I celebrate with you!! Praise our Lord Jesus for His work in your lives and with each other!! I love you both and am very proud of you!!!
Aunt Doris :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to see a wedding pic! :o)

RunDisneyGirl82 said...

Can't believe it's been five years already. You were part of the family long before you got married into it. You know you weren't suppose to start having kids till now ;) Congrats!

pappa said...

We are very proud of the both of you. We know that God will bless you and your family and ours through all the plan He has for you and Troy. We can hardly wait to see all of Bowman clan in Feb. Love to all . Papa Ed or head


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones